We are so excited that you’ve agreed to be a guest on Startist Society! Here are some notes to help us make the recording session as easy as possible and make you sound fabulous!
Tips for good recording
Something about Squadcast, mics, headphones, whatever…
Please use headphones to reduce feedback and echoing.
Other things that could help if possible:
- Pause Dropbox and other cloud syncing services
- Use a mic other than the one built-in to the computer
- Restart the computer and click on the SquadCast link in the calendar invite right before our call.
We will focus on XXXXXXXXX. The target is a 35-45 minute episode that’s pretty focused.
We will open the show, read your preferred bio and then introduce you. We’ll then jump into the questions. In general, we like to cover:
- Who you are and what you do
- What we’re talking about and how you solve that problem
- How you developed your process, product, or service (and why)
- Specific takeaways / action items for listeners (usually 2-4)
- A trade secret.
About the Trade Secret
This is just a good general piece of advice, not an actual trade secret. Something you’ve learned recently, or a hard-won lesson would be great! It can be based on our topic, or something you just like to tell people.
My job is to make you sound as good as possible, so going in, there are a few things to note:
- The interview will be edited
- I reserve the right not to publish an interview.
- To achieve the best sound quality, you’ll use a decent mic (not a built-in mic or cell phone), and record from a quite place.
Conducting the Interview
We will be be talking via Zoom unless there’s something else you strongly prefer. There’s a custom link in the calendar invite you got. I also like to do video calls, but don’t worry, it’s it audio only podcast. Speaking of…
That’s about it! Looking forward to recording! And thanks for being on the show!